Friday, January 22, 2010

Walking to Class

A lot of people have been asking some of the some of the same questions so I thought I would answer them here:
1. I get to school by the two feet that God gave me. If I take the short cut which is a little dirt path that goes back through some fields, pass some cute kids who sit on thier front slab( i guess you could call it) waving, saying "bye mzungu! Bye", and in between some houses to the a little gate at the side of campus that we use to go to monkey hill. It takes 15 mins. But if it rains or I feel like being run over by boda bodas (moterclyces that transport people places) I take the road that I live on down a bumpy red dirt road ( all roads by the way are dirt around here) to the main road to campus that is lined with street venters that sell anything from maze cooked over a caroal stove infront of you to a flank of beef that just hanging from thier shop wall. ( and when I mean "shop" I mean a hand crarfted box built out of spare boards that is big enough for two people to stand with their heads almost toughing the ceiling and a little room for them to turn around. the front part has a window with a shelf that is on the outside that they put thier goods that are for sale. An a door on one of the sides. There are tons of these that line side of the street. Some bigger, some smaller, some light pink, some light green ) This walk takes me 20ish mintues to get to school.
2. Classes.... So all but one of my classes I take with other USP Students. Its African Ethics and so far it has been really interesting. Then the USP cources are: Faith in Action, IMME Practicum, Politics Of East Africa and Religions of Africa. Well I just realized the time and I need to head home before it gets darks so I'll write more about classes next week. have a great weekend everyone:)

No comments:

Post a Comment