Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A little taste of Ohio in Uganda

So I made some buckeyes for my family last night. They really liked them I think they don’t say much but they ate like half of them last night! At first it was a little challenging to try to explain to my host mom what I wanted to make and how I was going to make them. She was really mystified that I wasn't going to need to use the charcoal stove to make them or that I wasn't going to have to roll them out on a chapatti (Ugandan flat bread) board? They took for every to make because halfway through dipping them into chocolate they started falling apart cause it was like 80 out and the refrigerator stopped working so I couldn't put back in to get cold again. I just started putting the chocolate on top. To make peanut butter balls with chocolate hats. My host dad and brother seemed to really like them. They were definitely worth making. Not to mentions I love eating themJ I told my host brother that we like to eat the buckeyes with milk. He responded by saying “no wonder Americans are fat.” Hahaha I told him, though, that we don’t eat these tasty treats everyday only once in a while. I think I might make salsa for them next if I can find some tortilla chips.

I haven’t been on any trips this week but on Friday we are going to a Buganda King’s tomb. And on Saturday I think I’m going to a pottery studio to learn to make ceramic from some locals. I’m really excited and I hope it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment